Sexual infidelity is not the only way betrayal poisons our relationships, but it seems to be the one we are most familiar with and fixated on.
“Let’s uncover some of the other forms of betrayal that are just as deadly to our relationships. These forms of betrayal often seem like little things on the surface, and many times we easily dismiss them. Then, one day we wake up and find ourselves wondering, ‘how did this happen?’ And, before long, we find ourselves saying things like, ‘We’ve changed, we’ve grown apart, and it turns out that we’re just no longer compatible,’ said Staci Bartley, co host of Love Shack Live.
Tune into Staci and Tom Bartley as they host the second part of their discussion on betrayal and the ramifications to a relationship. The program airs Thursday, September 2nd at 1 p.m.
“What we’re really saying is: I don’t TRUST you anymore,” she said, adding, “You must know betrayal is at the heart of every breakup because it destroys the trust we have in our partner. And without trust, our relationships cannot survive or thrive.”
In the episode, they’re covering several key topics about the most common forms of betrayal (outside of cheating) that destroy our relationships, including:
- How being unwilling to sacrifice can lead to a huge breakdown.
- Why sexual intimacy should never be used as a negotiation piece or as a reward for good behavior in a relationship.
- Why having a person outside of your partnership that you confide in and receive counsel from is one of the most deadly things for your relationship.
- How non-sexual affairs are just as dangerous as sexual ones.
Have questions about lying in love and relationships? Leave a message for us here: stacibartley.com/message
- Want to learn how to stop a fight in 20-seconds or less? Get the cheat sheet here. https://stacibartley.com/stopfight
- Miss our past episodes? Check them all out here: https://stacibartley.com/podcast
- Relationship Check-up – tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today! https://stacibartley.com/checkup/