All we need to do to witness power struggles these days is to tune into the news or scroll through Facebook.
The power struggles that challenge us the most are the ones that take place within the walls of our homes with the people who matter most to us. I’m sure you know, a good old power struggle can destroy years of a good, loving relationship in less than 30 minutes. We probably need to hang signs on our front doors that say, “Danger, Power Traps Ahead!”
This week in the Love Shack, we have special guest Christian de la Huerta. Christian has 30 years of experience and is a sought-after spiritual teacher, personal transformation coach, and leading voice in the breathwork community. He has traveled the world offering inspiring and transformational retreats combining psychological and spiritual teachings with lasting and life-changing effects. An award-winning, critically acclaimed author, he has spoken at numerous universities and conferences and on the TEDx stage. His new book, Awakening the Soul of Power, was described by multiple Grammy Award–winner Gloria Estefan as “a balm for the soul of anyone searching for truth and answers to life’s difficult questions” and has received a Nautilus Book Award and a Nonfiction Book Award.
Together, we will be shedding light on the reason it is so vitally important for us to step into our personal power. It’s time for us to truly accept and own who we are, and at the same time, understand how to not be afraid of our own power, or anyone else's. We must finally end those destructive power struggles within ourselves and in our relationships.
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about how personal power struggles can sabotage your romantic relationships, including:
- What power traps are and how to spot them and avoid them.
- How to step into your own personal power without misusing it on others.
- What’s the cost for people selling out on their power?
- How to navigate through power struggles in a powerful yet loving way.
- Why are we afraid of power?
- How power can lead to abuse.
Have questions about lying in love and relationships? Leave a message for us here: stacibartley.com/message
- Learn more about Christian and receive a free sample chapter of his book here: https://soulfulpower.com/
- Want to learn how to stop a fight in 20-seconds or less? Get the cheatsheet here. https://stacibartley.com/stopfight
- Miss our past episodes? Check them all out here: https://stacibartley.com/podcast
- Relationship Check-up – tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today! https://stacibartley.com/checkup/