Money challenges are the number one cause of relationship breakdown, yet most couples don’t have the tools to navigate them. They carry on simply hoping things will just work out. Unfortunately, hope is not a financial strategy. And even worse, relying on hope alone robs us of communicating and working together to create a thriving relationship and the financial foundation you need to make your dreams come true.
This week in the Love Shack, our guest Jeanne Gallagher, an advisor with Ameritas Investment, is joining us for a conversation that will help us gain an understanding of how money works and the skills we need to share our true thoughts and feelings about money with our partners.
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about how to communicate about finances in your relationship, including:
- The common roadblocks that lead to lack of communication and how often they point back to finances.
- How someone’s “disinterest” in finances can actually be a lack of knowledge.
- Learning why having a budget is important, and how to reframe your belief about what budgeting actually means.
- Exactly how to determine priorities of paying off debt and emergency fund savings before saving for retirement.
- The method for creating a picture of retirement activates and cost planning.
- Why it’s not too late to start saving, and why starting now is necessary.
- How to create a fun monthly planning meeting to review your plan and make any changes you need to make.
Have questions about love and relationships? You can call us live during the show (Thursdays 1 p.m. PT) at 425-373-5527 or text your questions here: 601-207-0080.
- Learn more about Jeanne here: https://www.seasidesolutions.net/
- Ready to restart your relationship? Join us! https://stacibartley.com/restart/details/
- Miss our past episodes? Check them all out here: https://stacibartley.com/podcast
- Relationship Check-up – tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today! https://stacibartley.com/checkup/